Location: Scottsdale Historic Museum 7333 E. Scottsdale Mall Scottsdale, Maricopa County, Arizona 33.492801, -111.923596
Historical Significance: The Little Red Schoolhouse was completed in 1909 and represented a commitment to the future of the Scottsdale community. Today, the Scottsdale Historical Museum occupies the brick building. A centennial celebration of the Little Red Schoolhouse was chaired by Scottsdale Historical Society board member, Don Hadder Sr; Arizona’s State Historian, Marshall Trimble, was master of ceremonies for the 100th Anniversary; and the Territorial Brass Band performed the Star-Spangled Banner. Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane participated in the dedication and ribbon cutting ceremony. Guests enjoyed cake and tours of the Museum The Major Winfield Scott Chapter NSDAR presented a historic plaque to recognize the birthday of Scottsdale’s founder, Winfield Scott, and namesake of their chapter.
The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of NSDAR. Hyperlinks to other sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organization, or individual DAR chapters.