Location: Covered Kiosk Orchard Ranch Resort RV Park 11250 AZ-69 Dewey, Yavapai County, Arizona 34.568773, -112.269863
Historical Significance: Orchard Ranch is the original home of Sharlot Mabridth Hall. In 1890, James and Adeline Hall purchased 130 acres here above the junction of the Agua Fria River and Lynx Creek. The Halls named their homestead "Orchard Ranch"; and, with the help of their children, Sharlot and Ted, produced apples and beef. Life on the ranch instilled in Sharlot a love of Arizona's pioneer ways. She wrote about early Arizonans and collected documents and artifacts. In 1927, after the deaths of her parents, she sold the ranch and moved her collections into the 1864 log "Governor's Mansion" in Prescott which she opened as the museum that now bears her name.
The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of NSDAR. Hyperlinks to other sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organization, or individual DAR chapters.